Monday, November 24, 2008

Nope, Not Me!



All right...Thanksgiving is almost here and I've got lots of things to do to get ready to go out of town. But first, it's time for "Not Me!" Monday over at MckMama's. Head on over by clicking on the Not Me button above...after you are done here of course. It's nice to know that a couple hundred other moms are also willing to share their oops's (is that a word?) This week...

... I did not accidentally drop Lucy's fresh out of the skillet, beautifully browned grilled cheese sandwich off the spatula...into a water filled pot sitting in the sink...nope, Not Me!

... I did not take Lucy for her first haircut, then laugh at her while she screamed in the chair as I tried to dig the camera out to get a "before" picture! I wouldn't laugh at my baby like that :)...nope, Not Me!


before...


after

... I did not want actual "toasted" marshmallows for s'mores last night even after John decided not to light a fire in the fireplace. I was not so desperate for the toasted marshmallows that I put the marshmallows on a skewer, lit 3 small box matches together, and held them under the marshmallows to toast them...nope, Not Me!

...I did not set the marshmallows on fire, then realize once I blew the fire out that it might not be a good idea to eat match-burnt marshmallows...(whew) I also did not throw the marshmallows away because that would just be wasteful!...nope, Not Me!

...I did not make the s'mores in the microwave because by this time really did not want them, nope, Not Me!

...I absolutely would never and did not eat the s'mores (two of them) then proceed to lick the leftover gooey, chocolate/marshmallow mess off the paper towel...nope, Not Me! That would just be too much!...nope, Not Me!

... Finally, I did not wait until Abby fell asleep to sneak some baby Vick's Vapor Rub onto her chest to help her breathe. She did not scream and pitch a fit when I tried to put in on her before bed. As I was NOT rubbing it onto her chest as she slept, she did not open her eyes and look at me, I did not hide the container, and I did not pretend to just be making sure she was okay! I wouldn't sneak things onto my kids like that...nope, Not Me!

Now, I feel better, I am not going to ignore Lucy throwing her toys out of her crib and go clean my kitchen! Now, head on over to MckMama's and have fun with more Not Me's! and do not have a great day :)

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Thanks for stopping by today! Love your "Not Me's". I'm sure the s'mores were worth all the hard work you went through to get them! After reading your post, I want some!

Anonymous said...

OOooo....smores.....YUMMMMM!! Yeah, not a good idea to roast them over a gas stove either. NOT that I've ever tried that. Ever.

;) We'll never tell....