Friday, December 19, 2008

Answers???

Last night was...not...good...


Abby was awake and fussy and achy and feverish most of the night. Once she got up this morning she seemed a little better...like yesterday. She was happy and being silly...John was home so that probably helped :) I left about 11:15 to go to Max's class to start setting up for the party. John called a couple of times and Abby seemed to be getting worse again. By the time I got home at about 2:30 she was feverish and achy and crying again. John had to go into work for a little while and once he left she was even more upset. I took her temp and it was up to 103.9 (about 30 minutes after her last dose of Motrin). She really started getting more agitated so I went ahead and called the doctor again. This nurse told me to bring her in. I'm glad I did...she has an ear infection. The doctor said that this was not the main issue going on but it was secondary and could be why the fever was persisting. He gave us a prescription for that, said it would not help the "overall crud" (is that a medical term?), and told me we could probably expect another couple of days of the same...heavy sigh inserted here. Although all signs pointed to the flu...he was reluctant to call it that because...get this...she wasn't coughing as much...huh? Forget the high fever, chills, aches (screaming in the middle of the night aches), stuffiness/runny nose, and a dry cough that would be worse at night.

Anywho, we got the meds and I gave her a dose right away and another at bedtime (per the doctor's instructions). We'll see how it goes...

No comments: