Friday, December 12, 2008

Hiding in Plain Sight...

Earlier today I had the perfect opportunity to use my fabulous new toy...my digital camera! It has the capability to take short videos. I had to take one of Abby today.

As I was cleaning out my car Max and Abby were playing outside...they were actually getting along! Once they got tired of running races...Abby running, Max being the checkered flag guy...Max had the brilliant idea to play hide and seek. Max counted first and as soon as he covered his eyes I saw Abby take off into the garage.

Let's put it this way, Abby might need a little more explanation of the game...when I looked in the garage to see where she may have hidden I busted out laughing...seriously, I almost wet my pants! She had run straight into garage and was standing out in the open with her face hiding against the old 7-up cooler. She actually had her hands over her face like she thought no one could see her. As soon as Max saw her she screeched and pretended to be scared :0

After she did this again on her next turn I had to try to get a video. On the video she decided to "hide" on the front porch...check it out...

Oh yeah, by the way, they had their bicycle helmets on because they had just finished riding their bikes/scooters...no, I do not make my children wear their helmets to play outside...just when they are riding on something with wheels.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Staci- love the video of the kids!

When I was a zookeeper in Syracuse I worked with the small primates and social animals- bats, small foxes, otters, etc. The monkeys were by far my favorite and when I moved to Memphis in 1996, I was lucky enough to get a job at the Memphis Zoo pretty much immediately working with the primates again- monkeys, gorillas, and orangutans! It was a great job and I do miss it at times.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Too funny :)