Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sick Days

Abby is still running a nasty fever. We are currently on day 3 of this. She really had me worried last night when I took her temp and it was 104.0...YIKES!!! I called the doctor's office and the nurse told me to alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 6 hours. I checked her temp again after she fell asleep and it had gone down to 101.3 (this was 1 1/2 hours after a dose of Motrin). She felt much cooler this morning but has now progressed to a full blown fever again and feeling yucky. If she follows the same course that Lucy did with this bug then she should be done with the fever sometime tomorrow. I really hope it doesn't last much longer than that.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hi Staci- We are currently experiencing the very same thing at our house. Both my girls have missed their Christmas Programs at school because of it too- they were so disappointed! Both are planted in front of The Bee Movie right now snacking on their waffles. I am just hoping Jack doesn't get it- hopefully this is the same virus that he had last week that had his temp up around 104. I told my mother-in-law that if he gets sick again to please pack me up and send me away because I think I might just go crazy!!! Hope Abby gets better soon! Take care! ~Lynn Bray