Thursday, December 4, 2008

Headin' up north and other stuff...

Just wanted to post a quick update before John and I head up to Syracuse, NY tomorrow night for his company Christmas party! Yes, the high on Sunday is only supposed to be 26 and there is supposed to be snow the whole weekend! I am actually looking forward to seeing the snow since the last time I saw any was last year this time when we were in Syracuse for last year's party. I can be excited since I don't have to live in it right?

Anyway, things have been moving right along here. Lucy has thrush in her diaper area...again! Working on getting rid of it but it is being stubborn. I don't know if this is the cause of her waking up crying every two to three hours EVERY NIGHT, but I'm hoping that will stop soon as well.

I had to take Max and Abby to get their flu shots yesterday...YIKES! Max is begging for another Oscar award. He was being very brave going first and climbing up on the table but as soon as he saw her wipe his leg with the alcohol swab he lost it and started pushing the nurses hands away...I think he even tried to smack her hands! I had to practically lay on top of him to hold him still. Lucy and Abby were both crying and Abby hadn't even gotten hers yet! Abby cried when she got hers as well but not nearly as much drama.

On the way home we stopped by my church and picked out our Christmas tree! John had to work late so it was just me and the kids this year. We picked it out and the very nice gentleman working the sale were kind enough to hoist it onto the top of my car and very creatively tie it on (I don't have a roof rack so they had to come up with something)!

We got the tree home and Max was very impressed that Mommy cut the strings and got the tree off the car and into the garage by herself :) John will be home at a decent hour tonight so we are going to try to get it decorated tonight before we leave tomorrow.

I will miss the kids terribly but am I bad for looking forward to having two nights of uninterrupted sleep? Am I a bad mommy for looking forward to spending some alone time with my husband and being able to have a conversation without it being interrupted with screaming, or fighting children? This is the first time since I went to Indiana for my grandpa's funeral at the beginning of September that I will be without a child for more than an hour...can you tell I need some "me" time?

Oh yeah, Max has his checkup with the ENT tomorrow to see how his tubes are doing. His hearing seems to be going downhill right now so we'll have to see what happens...I'll try to post tomorrow about what the doctor says...

Remember to check out the post below this about the awesome raffle MckMama is doing! I also added another button to my sidebar right below the MckMiracle button. It is to another wonderful blog that you should REALLY check out. Angie is a great writer and a mother to 3 girls here on earth and another in heaven. Her faith and trust in God is inspiring.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hey Staci! I used to live in Syracuse- I graduated from SUNY Oswego, just about 40 minutes north. I lived in Syracuse while I was a zookeeper at the Burnet Park Zoo. (Well now it's called something different...) Have fun, stay warm, and above all else, enjoy your uninterrupted sleep! ~ Lynn Bray