Friday, December 5, 2008

Really, Who Needs Sleep Anyway?

Another sleepless night lst night. Of course, this time the late night party didn't come from Lucy...go figure...the one night she only wakes up twice and Max would be up all night because his ear hurt! He woke up crying at about 11ish and I gave him some Motrin because he said his "brain" hurt. He said it was right above his eyes so I figured sinus headache. Got him back to sleep after about 30 minutes of hanging out on the couch watching "The Santa Clause" waiting for the medicine to kick in.

About 1:15 he woke up again, this time crying and moaning that his ear hurt. He hasn't had an ear infection since his first set of tubes back in 2006 but I knew the signs and he had them. UGH! How lucky were we that he just so happened to have an appointment with his ENT this morning? After a rousing game of musical beds (Abby woke up and wanted me to lay down with her while Max was in our bed with John), I ended up...somehow...back on the couch with Max...this time with Food Network on...he loves it...what can I say? I was hoping it would lull him to sleep but the Motrin didn't seem to be working and he was in too much pain. About 4am I gave him another dose and he finally fell asleep at about 5:30.

As I suspected, he does have an infection in his left ear which happens to be the ear that the tube has come out and is filled with fluid...double UGH! We got him the antibiotics and I gave him that and another dose of Motrin before taking him to school...hey, he wanted to go and he's not contagious. I did tell his teacher however that he may fall asleep during rest time :)

Well, gotta go pack for the big trip! Abby has her first flag football game tomorrow that my mom is taking her to while Max and Lucy help my dad put out Christmas decorations. As for me, I plan to sleep as much as humanly possible this weekend.

No comments: