Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas Letter 2008

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, I thought I'd better get this letter on here since some of you may be getting your Christmas cards today or tomorrow. As the note in the card stated, I was not able to get the letter into the cards this year. Everytime I tried to work on it I was interrupted, usually by Abby who is finally recovering from the flu! Anyway, I wanted to do a letter so I figured I would go against tradition this year and put it on the blog instead of in the mail. Some of you may read this before you get your card...yes they were just mailed yesterday...you just read the part about me having a child with the flu right :) ? Anyway, back to the letter. Our 2008 was full of new milestones being reached by all 3 of our sweet and adorable kids :)

MAX ~ 2008 was the year for many firsts for our first born. In February he and John went to Colorado to visit Aunt Caroline. Max had his first plane ride, first time seeing snow, and first time sledding/skiing. They had a great time! Max also finished up preschool in May and became an honest to goodness Kindergartener in August and is fast on his way to becoming a great reader! He loves school and after his first day asked me if he could live there :) He played t-ball in the summer and flag football in the fall and is currently trying out his skills in basketball. Anything else you ask? He learned how to ride his bike WITHOUT training wheels and lost his first tooth! He also had his first (and I told him it better be his last) ambulance ride! Max was also able to enjoy an Oyster Roast with his daddy recently where he ate his first oyster...followed buy another nine of them! I tell you, the boy will eat just about anything...and LOTS of it! He continues to grow like a weed and I'm sure will be wearing John's clothes by middle school :)

ABBY~ 2008 was also a monumental year for our sweet little Abby. She finished her first year of preschool where she made many new friends. She has also learned how to ride her bike (WITH training wheels). She turned 3 in July and had many of her new...and old...friends over for a water party and a Princess cake! Are you ready for this? This year Abby completed potty training! YEAH (insert confetti and streamers). She made a good start in summer 2007 but I think Lucy's arrival set her back a little. We started again like gangbusters last Christmas and she really took to it. We were completed in June 2008 and out of pull ups for good...WOOHOO! Abby is not as good of an eater as her big brother. She prefers NOT to eat anything that is green (unless it is a skittle or m&m). Her current favorites are chicken tenders, chips, apples, and pretzels. I am able to sneak some "good" stuff in here and there and she continues to grow :) Finally, after Max played flag football through the YMCA last winter, Abby decided she wanted to play when she turned 3. She kept talkiing about it all year and this year we signed her up. She had 1 practice and then had her first game. My mom took her since John and I were out of town . My mom called and said that during the "halftime" Abby told her, "I don't want to play this game anymore Nana". She then sat on the sidelines for a good part of the game or stood still in the field while the other kids played around her. She will finish the season then we'll see what she wants to try next.


LUCY ~ 2008 has been a whirlwind for our precious baby girl. This is the year she did SO MANY new things. Got her first tooth, sat up, crawled, started on solid foods, and discovered all the toys in the playroom :) She has been doing so well and has been such a delight to watch as she grows and learns and bugs her big brother and sister. Three days before her first birthday she took her first official steps on her own and hasn't stopped walking since! She is now trying her hand at running just to keep up with Max and Abby :) She loves to laugh and screech and TALK! She is such a chatterbox. She just had her 15 month checkup yesterday and weighed in at a whopping 21 pounds 2 ounces and measured right at 30 inches. She is in the 30th percentile for height and the 20th percentile for weight...yeah, she's a little peanut :) Her doctor says that she is growing beautifully though and is now old enough to start being put in time out if needed...WHAT? NOT MY BABY! My kids don't need time outs...what are you talking about?...I mean really :)

Other goings on this year included our yearly trip to Indiana to visit my Granny and Papa Joe and lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins. Sadly, this year also had me going back to Indiana at the beginning of September to attend my Grandpa Hedinger's (Papa Joe) funeral. We also got to see John's brothers and sister and his parents when they were all staying in Edisto for a week and we got to see them all together again just a couple of weeks ago in Charlotte when everyone got together to celebrate Jack's 80th birthday. John and I were able to go to Syracuse again this year for his company Christmas party and I was so excited to see snow again!

We hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy 2009! Please keep checking our blog throughout the new year as I will be posting the happenings in the Bailey family as well as pictures (since I got a new digital camera...WOOHOO WOOHOO!). Merry Christmas and God Bless from our family to yours.

Love,
John, Staci, Max, Abby, and Lucy

No comments: